Those close to me know that I our trip was primarily about visiting my abuela, who is battling cancer. Things were looking pretty grim just before I got there. Before we left though, the doctor had new results from a cat scan that said the cancer in her chest had made a 95% improvement! Thank God!
My grandmother wasn't a grandma who we visited a few times a year or even once a week. She was there with my sisters and I EVERY DAY, teaching us how to cook, sew, and keep a clean house (well, it didn't stay clean very long with 7 kids in the house). There are many phrases of hers that our own children (her great-grandchildren) now say, because they've become classic. It's hard to ignore the warning,"God sees eeeeeeverything you do" with a thick Spanish accent and stern tone. Busting into a little salsa/merengue dance while cooking or cleaning is a must. A little Adobo/oregano/olive oil will make everything taste better :) Thanks, Abuela.
Just to add a video, here's one with the twinnies on their playmat. It shows 3 examples of how they know when the camera turns on and instantly cry once I start recording when they were laughing a second before I started. The last part I like to call "You're Still Here?" Lily is trying to get the heck away from her brother and he lets her know about his lack of appreciation for her behavior. Good times.
BTW- I know I show a lot of videos of the twins, but trust me, the pics from FL are really pics of Aria, with a little Florida in the background- LOL!




2 comments:
I'm glad things are improving w/ your Abuela. It's so nice to have such memories and phrases and other things that she taught you that you can now pass on to your children. How sweet!
Haven't seen the video yet, but I'm sure it's adorable!! lol
Do I even need to sign my name at the end of my comment...? You know I'm going to comment on every post.. lol
Irma
I finally got to finish looking at the pics. Love the slideshow..it came out great:) I'm so jealous that you were at Disney's Boardwalk. MH and I used to always go to Jellyrolls...ahhhh the memories. Glad you all had a good time and that your Abuela is doing better. The kids are all so cute!
Post a Comment