Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Can't. Turn. Brain. On.

Wow- I'm trying to think positively, but it's not much use. Today we had a staff meeting and then classroom setup. Is it bad that I'm already zoning out? Brandon left a message on my phone (just before the meeting) that right after I walked out the door, Lily sat up by herself. Great. That was all I could think about throughout the meeting. Then I walked in circles and blankly stared at my desk when I should've been updating my class list, labeling things, and setting up our new laptops. Maybe after this first week I'll be able to shake off the dust. *yawn*
Aria starts Kindergarten tomorrow (yeah!), with a messed up toe (boo!). She had to give something to her friend/next-door-neighbor, and decided to use a scooter to get there- with no shoes. Needless to say, she scraped her toe and peeled off a chunk of skin- ewwwww! All of this occurred while I was feeding the babies, and I had to abruptly put the baby food down and run out to scoop up a screaming 5-yr-old. The best part is this- the twins seized the opportunity for the food fight they always dreamed of! They reached over and tossed their baby food all over the place! On themselves, on one another, the chairs, the floors- they had so much food on their face they could barely open their eyes!! It's funny now- but not so much then. The twins thought it was funny, at first. Then they decided they wanted to open their eyes, and when they couldn't see, it turned to tears.
I had Aria freaking out while her bloody foot was soaking in cold water, and two screaming babies that were in need of emergency baths. It was an Excedrin moment.
(Deep breath) It's all good. There's peace in the house now. A band-aid made the shredded toe all better, and baths for all helped calm those wild banshees (sp?). Aria's dress, shoes, and book bag are ready to go for tomorrow- we can't wait! At least I have permission to sneak out of yet another meeting so I can take pictures :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

I want to see Aria in her dress for her first day of school! (*sniff!*) Oh and I hope you got pictures of the food fight!

Anonymous said...

OMG I want to see pictures of the food fight!!!! I couldn't help but giggle at the way you describe it... but not so funny that they couldn't open their eyes - awe!!

Did you take pics of Aria today?!?! UPLOAD please!!!!

Irma

Cristal said...

I was too covered in blood and babyfood to get my grimy fingers on the camera :( I have substitute pics I might be able to sneak in that LOOK like a food fight though- LOL